We are seeking an exceptional individual who will bring their Meetings & Events experience to help us drive positive change for our clients and the travel & meetings industry.
Nothing about this role is average, so if you don’t align with the word average, keep reading. We’re on a mission to create better travel and meetings management. We don’t take our purpose lightly. We get to work with some of the world’s most impressive companies and teams. We act as their critical friend and take them on a journey to a better future, want to join the ride?
Being a consultant at FESTIVE ROAD is no ordinary role, it requires the innate ability to listen and understand a customer’s needs and immediately consult and advise. Sometimes we can make a greater difference to the client by helping them see the bigger picture and really defining their requirements!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to know more about working for FESTIVE ROAD, please click the following link: Careers at Festive Road
What you will do:
- Lead and manage customer engagement projects where specific deliverables relate to the Meetings and Events landscape.
- Actively understand each prospect customer’s current situation, objectives and drivers, geographical focus and how FESTIVE ROAD solutions could deliver value.
- Deliver micro-projects related to M&E being led by other consultants / practice line leaders.
- Support sales strategy for new and existing clients including measurable goals and alignment to company and other practice line strategies.
- Build and deepen relationships with potential clients and bring to FESTIVE ROAD your existing network to help us grow into new organizations.
- Represent FESTIVE ROAD at key industry events, ensuring purposeful choices to limit financial & carbon investment needed.
- Manage, analyse and report on pipeline including KPIs to Leadership Team and summary of activity and results to the organization.
- Support practice line leader on ad-hoc projects and pipeline growth.
What makes the Consultant M&E special:
- You listen intensely and ask the right questions of prospects and clients to understand their needs.
- You are comfortable to think big and design new solutions to solve problems and bring value.
- Assessing opportunities to pursue the right fit clients is critical to you.
- You are driven by purpose and doing what’s right for the organization and clients, not solely by sales targets.
- You are great at managing relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Delivering exceptional value and juggling multiple projects excites you.
- You have a passion for continuous improvement and for keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments, which could benefit the FESTIVE ROAD and their clients
What our Consultant M&E does:
Meredith Smith, FESTIVE ROAD, Practice Lead:
“The Consultant M&E is a critical role to support the growing demand from both our existing and prospective clients and the FESTIVE ROAD team, ensuring that we deliver the right service to the right client at the right time. This role is significant to the growth and maintenance of our services and ensuring the balance of delivery and values is achieved. The position is currently unique within the company and operates across many functions and stakeholders. It requires a mix of the tactical and the strategic.”
Key Skills & Experience Required
- In-depth subject matter expertise in Meetings & Events from strategic, sourcing, technology enablers, process, payment and reconciliation
- Solid understanding of the inner workings of Meetings Management companies and their differentiators
- Experience in Travel Strategy and micro-services
- Senior level sales presentations
- High EQ and decision-making capability
- Consulting grade strategic thinking
- Written communication and presentations that ensure a focus on outcomes and value for the client
- Scoping and pricing skills
- Excellent collaboration and team-building skills
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in the meetings and travel industry
- Insight into corporate meetings and travel programs, their structure, drivers and the role of both the travel and meetings manager
Don’t meet every single requirement? Here at FESTIVE ROAD, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Medical insurance
- 401(k) / Pension contribution
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday leave
If you would like to apply please include a cover letter with the resume you attach to your application. It doesn’t need to be long, what we really want to hear about is examples of the value of any of your strategic initiatives and/or examples of your problem solving skills.
This role will close on Monday 7th Aug at 9am EST and you should expect to hear from us by Fri 18th August