Our purpose at FESTIVE ROAD is simple; to create better travel and meetings management. Our client’s purpose is one of bold ambition; to transform its program into an industry leading premiere travel and events solution, which will redefine business travel standards and expectations. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, read on!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note, there is a requirement for you to upload a cover letter to apply for this role. Please tell us in under 250 words why you are a great candidate. You will need to create a document which includes both your cover letter and your resume and upload this into the resume section of LinkedIn. You will not be able to attached two documents. Without both your cover letter and resume, we cannot consider your application.
Are you excited to join a global team that is focused on developing best-in-class travel programs for their employees? This is a unique opportunity to support our client, Amazon’s Global Category Managers to drive a best-in-class ground program. This role will be responsible for activities including ground transportation supplier management initiatives, customer loyalty and experience programs, internal project support and delivering an outstanding customer experience to support the firm’s business travel program objectives.
Nothing about this role is average. We need a driven and proactive Category Analyst and we are looking for a ‘doer’, who can get things across the line from idea to design to completion with minimal oversight. So, if this sounds exciting, let’s talk!
You will take complete ownership of Amazon’s ground category, which includes car rental, rail, ride share, sedan and parking initiatives. We are looking for a candidate with a strong global car rental and rail background working in the corporate business travel environment who can hit the ground running to identify what’s working well and where the program can be optimized. The ideal candidate must be willing to get into the weeds and assist with daily operational issues regarding the Amazon preferred ground suppliers, but this will allow you to then zoom out and see the bigger picture. The candidate should have natural curiosity to dive deep and understand operational details and differences of the suppliers they manage.
You will have a detailed understanding and a passion for ground transportation. Perhaps you have worked for a car rental company in a previous role and understand the ‘behind -the-scenes’ operations, insurance, claims, billing and nuances of this category as it relates to business travel.
An absolute must for this role is a passion for and understanding of the unique technical ecosystem of the business travel industry. You will need exceptional communication skills with the ability to understand stakeholder needs and translate them into compelling business cases. You will work with internal Travel and Events stakeholders to optimize processes to make life easier for the customer. You will go deep on operational processes to identify gaps and inefficiencies and create and design solutions. You will use this knowledge to create and deliver programs that enable the team to measure and improve customer experiences.
You will work as part of a fast-moving team so you are someone who can take initiative and lead; this may involve assessing a situation and appropriately prioritizing, delegating and taking ownership when appropriate. You will be bold enough to ask questions, make decisions and take action.
You will manage external suppliers, keeping them honest and tracking quality against pre-defined KPIs, whilst managing internal stakeholder expectations.
Key Skills Required
- Deep knowledge of priorities and operational tasks of a fast-paced global travel team.
- Deep knowledge best practices around ground transportation programs and ability to assess the end-to-end process, identifying issues and preparing recommendations to resolve.
- Strong understanding of procurement-driven sourcing events and how data and analysis contributes throughout the end-to-end process. Ability to support Category Managers on sourcing events from requirement building to implementation.
- An analytical mind, support the global team with analysis to drive key business decision making. You will execute cost and savings analysis which will demonstrates the impact of decisions, shows alternative options and decision criteria including cost estimates and supplier recommendations.
- A natural inclination and the required gravitas for business partnering with internal and external partners (e.g., Finance, Legal, Procurement teams). Ability to leverage best practices and drive innovation.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team and to spot synergies and feedback opportunities.
- A passion for continuous improvement and for keeping up to date with industry trends and developments, which could benefit the program, via market research.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in corporate car rental and ground transportation category management experience / corporate travel supplier management
- Working knowledge of the priorities and working tasks of a fast-paced Global travel team.
- Organizational and analytical skills. Ability to communicate the ‘so what’ when presenting data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in strategic business discussions that require the ability to form a strong point of view.
- Innovative, hands-on, results-oriented, great use of process improvements and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience working with corporate travel management companies, online booking tools, travel and meeting supply base, and other travel technologies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and project management tools.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
- Work location: US, Amazon Major Hub Cities.
- Requirement: Willing to commute into an Amazon US corporate office 3 days per week and work 2 days home based.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Here at FESTIVE ROAD, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
This role will close on Monday 25th September at 9am EST and you should expect to hear from us by Friday 13th October