As a purpose & people led consulting firm, our operations function is pivotal to everything that we do. Most companies would simply call this important role an Operations Manager, but operations is so much more to us, hence the need to really spell it out, this role is both about the unique workplace we provide for our people & our high performance as a company.
This is a great role for someone who enjoys variety. Quality mechanisms for our client projects – check. Finding ways to create an even better workplace for our people – check. Managing our KPI’s and balanced scorecard to ensure we’re a healthy company – check. Being ready and open to handle whatever challenges and opportunities the future may hold – check. As you can see this is no average operations role with huge potential to become so much more as we enter our next period of growth.
We are keen to design this role to fit YOU! Is 75% of this role an exact match and the remaining 25% leaves you feeling I’d figure it how somehow? You might be exactly who we’re looking for. We hire for your values and how you operate … not necessarily the work you can already do.
What about us? We’re on a mission to create better travel and meetings management. We don’t take our purpose lightly. We get to work with some of the world’s most impressive companies and teams. We act as their critical friend and take them on a journey to a better future, want to join the ride and help us grow the business in a purposeful way?
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to know more about working for FESTIVE ROAD, please click the following link: Careers at FESTIVE ROAD
What you will do:
Lead our people & performance (operations) function, responsibilities include:
- Provide management and direction to a small team of 2 people (Roaders) ensuring the team, including you, are all doing what they love (it’s part of our special sauce and nothing will change that)
- Consult with and manage our third-party suppliers such as HR, Finance, Payroll, Insurance and Healthcare, they’re a great bunch, you’ll enjoy working with them
- Engage with, and provide HR support to our Roaders, they’re invaluable to what we do, so whatever we can do to support their development and wellbeing we will
- Ensure legal, compliance and best practices in all aspects of operations and HR, including health and safety, GDPR, insurance, infosec and incident management, creating and maintaining policies and more, what else might we need, you get to work that out
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve processes and workflows, ensuring all standard operating procedures are documented, but with Festive Road flair
- Provide regular updates to the business, and facilitate knowledge sharing sessions, to ensure our intellectually curious Roaders are fulfilled
- Manage the administrative aspects of recruitment, such as job posting and contracting in a way that provides a wonderful purple welcome to our team
- Manage and approve payroll (its rather important that everyone gets paid!)
- & maybe more … you’d get the chance to shape this role. We’ll tell you where we’re headed as a business, and you get to shape operations to enable the journey
Key Skills & Experience Required:
We are looking for an individual who is happy to work autonomously, but also enjoys being part of an exceptional team. Some key skills would include:
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Initiative, with the ability to anticipate needs and plan ahead
- Problem solving skills and a desire to create better
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Logical thinker with analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Collaborator, motivator and team-builder
- Entrepreneurial and curious, its part of our DNA
- Adaptability, no two days are the same
- Proficient in MS Office (maybe obvious, but we need to say it)
Don’t meet every single requirement? Here at FESTIVE ROAD, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Base salary £45,000
- Virtual base (UK) with the chance to co-locate occasionally with colleagues
- Flexible working, sports day and big events are more important than fixed working hours
- Bonus scheme, our success is your success
- Medical insurance, your wellbeing is a priority
- Pension contribution, we will all need this one day
- Paid parental leave, for mums and dads
- 25 days holiday per year
If you would like to apply, in the same attachment, please include your CV and a brief cover letter (max 250 words and saved together in one file with your CV) answering this question:
“What’s the most effective, efficient, and enjoyable workplace you’ve ever worked in? And how did you contribute to the success?”
This role will close on Monday 21st August and you should expect to hear from us by Friday 1st September.