Our purpose at FESTIVE ROAD is simple; to create better travel and meetings management. Our client’s purpose is one of bold ambition; to transform its program into an industry leading premiere travel and events solution, which will redefine business travel standards and expectations. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, read on!
Please note, there is a requirement for you to upload a cover letter to apply for this role. Please tell us in under 250 words why you are a great candidate. You will need to create a document which includes both your cover letter and your resume and upload this into the resume section of LinkedIn. You will not be able to attached two documents. Without both your cover letter and resume, we cannot consider your application.
The role reports directly to the Sr Manager, Global Travel Operations.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone, who thrives on leading a team of customer obsessed operations experts. The Operations Manager role is responsible for leading the AMERS Operations team. This includes agency operations, service delivery and customer care.
At a strategic level, the AMERS Travel Operations Manager will work with the Senior Manager, Global Travel Operations to support the development of the strategy and roadmap for the regional corporate travel program. They will ensure the regional team aligns and delivers in support of the global program goals and structure, including policies, procedures and processes with a focus on customer service, risk management and cost reduction.
The Travel Operations Manager will provide insight for the enterprise with overall responsibility for implementing strategy, business planning, operations and people management for the regional team. They will also deliver key initiatives in alignment with the broader corporate travel and events strategy and vision.
The AMERS Travel Operations manager will build strong partnerships with internal stakeholders and service and technology operational teams to drive program goals and deliver key projects and initiatives. They will deploy appropriate SLAs, KPIs and data-driven insights to support service delivery, cost avoidance and process improvements.
Key Tasks will Include:
- Strategic Planning – design and develop regional strategic plans, roadmaps, budget and resource planning; to align to broader global team strategies.
- People Leadership – lead the regional team responsible for delivering the services, support and customer care.
- Stakeholder Management – build and maintain strong internal relationships with regional key stakeholders across the organization (e.g., risk management, finance, procurement and technology teams). Investigate and resolve business partner issues/problems.
- Continuous Improvement – work relentlessly to implement tools, controls and mechanisms into the standard operating procedures that result in improved program and policy compliance, optimized processes and better customer experience.
- Customer Service Escalations – oversee and uphold customer service processes and standards, quickly deescalate persistent issues and bring them to a swift resolution.
- Project Leadership – lead customer project implementations and expansions ensuring timely program delivery.
Key Skills Required:
- A natural leader – with an ability to build a high performing team culture and take the team on the journey with you.
- Ability to put the customer needs first, working backwards to develop a support and service structure that exceeds the customers’ expectations and integrates with critical components of the program and the enterprise.
- A calm operator – able to keep a cool head and prioritize while working in a fast-paced, multi-project environment.
- A drive to optimize – understanding of business process improvement methodologies and ability to evaluate and map existing systems and processes to improve and optimize them to support business needs.
- A strong affinity for data and how to apply it in an operations environment to optimize and improve.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to write and present compelling business cases to influence and persuade.
- A strong team player – demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with other business, product and tech teams and ability to lead through influence.
- Innovative, hands-on approach. Results-oriented mentality.
- Experience with MS Suite of products required.
- Experience delivering an enterprise-wide service supporting multiple functions on a large scale.
- Working knowledge of the priorities and working tasks of a fast-paced global travel team.
- Comprehensive understanding of the travel and meeting industry ecosystem, how the travel industry operates and its unique characteristics and systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of travel operations, travel technology and service delivery platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of experience with a large travel program management required. Travel agency operations or account management experience would be beneficial.
- 5+ years of people management experience preferred including experience with remote or virtual team members and direct reports.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Here at FESTIVE ROAD, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
This role will close on Monday 29th Jan at 9am EST and you should expect to hear from us by Friday 9th Feb